[plug] Linus approves bombing civilians in stupid war?

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Mar 10 17:10:49 WST 2003

I'd love it for linus etc to come out and say what he thinks, keeping and
mind that hes only really a reluctant messiah, and the community has no
ownership over his beliefs. He's entitled to whatever he may think.

He would not be able to , even if he wanted to however, attach knobs to
the usage of linux politically, as the GPL pretty much leaves no
provisions for it and the OSD kinda prohibits it anyway.

Hacktivismo is made for the purpose, and interestingly most political
hackers I know (c at t collective, Tao posse etc) reject hacktivismo as an
itrusion on autonomy.

Shayne.