[plug] Building a GUI app to generate a wordprocessed letter

Peter J. Nicol PeterNicol at vrl.com.au
Mon Mar 10 19:18:22 WST 2003

>  now for some more finesse ... scrap MySQL, use a native XML database
>  (not really
>  necessary, but staying in the whole new XML/WebServices world), output
>  the whole
>  thing to XML and use XSLT to transform it into whatever you want, OO
>  or whatever.

in fact, stretching this even further ...

You can store the 'letters' in the xml database, as well as the data,  and
assemble the document with Xquery, and maybe Xlink.  You can then publish the
whole application as a Webservice, for anyone else with a similar problem,
anywhere in the world, and in theory, use IPP to print the thing anywhere in the
world.

And charge for the privilege.  Hmmm ... perhaps we could GPL this 'business plan'