[plug] Setting up NFS for backups.

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Wed Mar 12 12:59:08 WST 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 12:50:07PM +0800, Richard Mortimer wrote:
> Whilst I can see the majority of the filesystem on mail, it seems to be
> blocking the mail /var directory, which contains the
> /var/spool/mail/USERNAME - one of the directories I wish to be backed up.

Is /var a separate filesystem?  NFS exports don't normally cross mount
points, since the file handles are inode based.  But you might want to
try the nohide option, or export /var separately.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?
One in a million, perhaps.