[plug] forcing RH's "up2date" to use a WAIX-accessable RH mirror

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Mar 12 14:11:33 WST 2003

Hi all

I've just had to descend into the "interesting" land of Red Hat for our
shiny new Dual Xeon box, due to "official support" requirements of
sofware we're using. I have what may be a newbie question but some quick
looking on google hasn't helped me, so:

How can I use "up2date" (which is the closest RH has to apt, yes?) with
a local mirror of RH at, say, ftp.iinet.net.au instead of RHN? It /must/
be possible, but I can't find any useful info on it. If so, is there an
alternative program to handle updates with dependencies, etc? RHN is so
painfully slow its scary.

Craig