[plug] Backup via FTP

Daniel Pearson plug at flashware.net
Wed Mar 12 17:17:03 WST 2003

Hi,
I'm trying to write a simple shell script that will ftp to another machine,
and leech everything off it back to the box i'm ftp'ing from as a simple
form of backup. The only problem I face, is although I can "mget *", it will
not enter every directory and get all the files contained within. Is there
any console based ftp client (ncftp maybe?) that I could write a script for
that would be able to do that? Or would I just have to be specific about
entering directories and mget *, etc.. I would use rsync, but the other box
is SCO and the admin isn't too happy about putting ssh/rsync on it.

Regards,
Daniel