[plug] Constant rsync'ing...

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Mar 13 17:04:33 WST 2003

We run rsync from server to server to keep everything the same on all servers.
We used to do this every 5 minutes. We now do it every 15 minutes. It's a
performance hit! Lots of filesystem scanning and comparing, just to copy a
couple of small altered files across.

Is there a better solution? Ideally, something daemon-ish, that
auto-replicated changes, triggered by the filesystem itself? Or at least a
more efficient way of finding recently modified files? (I'd rather not rely
on datestamp - and it also needs to handle replicating file deletes...)

Any suggestions?

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |