[plug] boot config

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 17 20:25:04 WST 2003

How does one read an argument passed from the kernel boot line on
bootup.  I can see how you specify it at the grub end (in my case) such
as "ide-scsi=hdd", but I want to pass something to one of my own
scripts, e.g., "location=HOME", so how can one of my scripts access the
boot line?

Its a laptop that is used in 3 locations, each with different network,
nfs, samba and X configs.  The script I have handles this simply, but I
would like to just select (one of 3) boot configs in grub and go from
there.

BillK