[plug] Just got a real nice bit of spam

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Tue Mar 18 08:28:56 WST 2003

On 17 Mar 2003, William Kenworthy wrote:

> Just got a real nice bit of spam:
>
> from admins at commonwealthbank.com which says they have updated their

There is a hint. That domain isnt CBA, it is another bank.

> *Ive emailed commbank, but I doubt its authentic, and not sure if they
> would show much interest anyway!

Banks usually do take their security seriously. Getting the email past the
frontline droids might be hard. Phone up and ask to speak to security
dept. (I forget the name.)

I'm curious - could you please forward the spam, or post a URL?

--
Ask not for whom the telephone bell tolls...
if thou art in the bathtub, it tolls for thee.