[plug] [Somewhat OT] X-windows server for Windows

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Fri Mar 21 15:02:42 WST 2003

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone had come across any free (or cheap)
X-windows servers for Windows so I can access a Linux desktop on my
Windows machine.  In the longer term I'm just going to buy myself a KVM
to switch between my Windows and Linux box, but as I use USB
keyboard/mouse (for the higher and more precise mouse tracking - as I'm
a gamer) and high resolution on my monitor, buying one that supports USB
and high resolution video bandwidth is fairly pricey.  So in the interim
I was wanting to use an X-windows server on my Windows box to access the
desktop on my Linux machine.

I've seen two programs for this, one being a stupidly obscene price and
the other for a slighty less obscene price, but obscene nonetheless.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben