[plug] [Somewhat OT] X-windows server for Windows

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Fri Mar 21 15:55:33 WST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, quoth Ben Jensz:

> I was wanting to use an X-windows server on my Windows box to access the
> desktop on my Linux machine.

My suggestion is to use VNC - run vncserver on your Linux box and connect
to it from windows.

Incidentally, I do the opposite at home - I have both my Linux box and my
Windows box connected to my monitor (which has 2 inputs - the normal VGA
plug and 5xBNC, and I happen to have a VGA->5xBNC cable) and use x2vnc to
join the two together, so if I want to access something on my windows box
I scroll my mouse off the edge of the screen and push the "switch inputs"
button on my monitor.  I can even play games that way :)

 - Matt