[plug] GIMP - stupid question (I'm REALLY sorry)

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 21 18:04:45 WST 2003

In message <BAY2-F40XpskAdy8oYv0000e2ea at hotmail.com>
on Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 05:56:53PM +0800, John Knight wrote:
> Like the subject header says, I've got a REALLY stupid question about the
> GIMP (oh man this is making me red in the face)....
> How do I draw a straight line like in Paintbrush, Kpaint etc? I just
> can't seem to figure out how or find it in the manual!

Forgot to add the postscript:

PS. The shift key should help you out. One way (not tested) might be to
click at the pixel location of one end of the line, then hold down shift
and clikc one at the pixel location of the other end of the line. It
would be nice if you could do this while the mouse is held down (so that
you can tweak the line before it's placed) but I'm not sure if your
version of GIMP (which was what?) supports that.