[plug] [OT] Office XP 30 day evil

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 22 21:22:45 WST 2003

OO will stuff up on:
word docs with line drawings within
certain fonts (particularly 1.0.2 at the moment)
powerpoints on fonts (bullets)
powerpoints on named slides when exporting (explain to someone why, when
you load and save their powerpoint why 40+ slides are now named slide 1,
slide 2 etc instead of their titles!)
Inserted drawings in word that magicly realign themselves when re-saved
after opening in OO
text boxes in powerpoint that move/are a different size than when viewed
in PP.

OO is good, but has a number of shortcomings when used seriously (i.e.,
more than just writing letters) and you have to interact with MS users:
roll on the revolution!

BillK