[plug] [OT] Office XP 30 day evil

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Mar 24 07:00:30 WST 2003

On Sunday 23 March 2003 09:03 pm, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Actually, I dont think its unfair to expect a word filter to import and
> save a word document EXACRLY as word does, misformatted or not.
> However, the practicality of doing this is accurately is extreemly
> difficult.

I'll let you in on a little secret: MS-Word doesn't do it!

If you load a dodgy Word doc up under a different version (including different
OS, allegedly the same version), or even just with a different default
printer (slightly different printable-area shape), it will often go
wahooni-shaped.

Cheers; Leon