[plug] Apache/PHP problem driving me NUTS

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Mar 24 15:19:04 WST 2003

> Are you able to trim back the PHP code until it works?

Hmm... guess I can try it, but its not a very trimmable script. OMG
thats weird... I've tried trimming it, and no matter how much I trim it
/the copy apache sends is the same/. There are only two copies of the
script on the machine and one apache can't possibly be serving.

OK, restarted apache /and/ apache-ssl and that bit of insanity went
away. Just restarting apache wasn't good enough. Now, the brutally
trimmed script executes as PHP... and when I replace it with the
unmodified original, it works with wget but not mozilla. Nuked the
mozilla cache and that issue went away, too.

Is it possible that mod_php in apache and apache_ssl are sharing more
than they should be or something? that's the only way I can explain this
freaky behaviour with a file apparently staying "cached" by apache even
after its been killed and restarted.

It does seem fixed now, though. Thanks for the info.

Craig