[plug] Sony Ericsson P800

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Mon Mar 24 22:56:42 WST 2003

On 24 Mar 2003, Alan Graham wrote:

> I've just bought a P800.  Dead nice phone.  Unfortunately, the supplied
> software (2cd's) is for ME, 2000 or XP only.  I've written a couple of

Hardly a surprise. Palm and Handspring never distributed Linux software
with their PDAs, but Linux support is very good.

> polite emails to sony ericsson asking about linux drivers, but I've been

>  Anyone any thoughts on what can be done?

At the risk of stating the obvious, ask google.

http://www.google.com/linux?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=sony+ericsson+p800

I found lots of interesting info. Its all new though. You'll need to
get your hands dirty.

--
Ask not for whom the telephone bell tolls...
if thou art in the bathtub, it tolls for thee.