[OT] Re: [plug] Apache/PHP problem driving me NUTS

Paul Dean paul at thecave.ws
Tue Mar 25 08:25:13 WST 2003

Hya,

I would suggest to try a couple of things;

Write a stock standard .html file and browse for it, see if you can,
errors blah blah
Then write a simple php page, just printing some text to a page and then
see if that loads

If you get the html page but not the php page then it is more likely to
do with your php.ini or that the module is not loading.
Got check out php.net, for latest updates, check version of php you are
running as there was some issues with earlier versions.

If your html page don't load then there is probs with your apache not
finding it's teepee properly, meaning your conf file has probs, check
your log/httpd/error.log|access.log and messages log.

Also can you browse the page internally on your network, if so and you
are still having probs maybe look at your firewall, check it's not doing
something funny with the packets.

General process of elimination, eat your elephant one bit(e) at a time
(pun intended).

HTH

Thanks...

Paul.

## Remember: Live your life as if you are on a stage before the whole of
creation.