[plug] new Intel Centrino - can't run linux it seems

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Tue Mar 25 08:40:18 WST 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, quoth Denis Brown:

> Ever the optimist, I contacted Intel's 1800 support number this morning
> intending to push the case for Linux support.  I ended up being advised to
> visit the Centrino site :-)   Lol.  Well, I went back there and fired off a
> "feedback" form.   I suppose my chances of a response are significantly
> less than a Lotto win but if the miracle happens I'll post the results.

Looks like they are listening:

http://news.com.com/2100-1006-993896.html

 "Intel is working on Linux support for Centrino, its package of chips for
  mobile computers with wireless networking abilities, but the company
  hasn't yet decided how or when to release it."

 "Intel, an early investor in Linux seller Red Hat, has worked to ensure
  Linux can support the features that arrive in new processors."

 - Matt