[OT] Re: [plug] Apache/PHP problem driving me NUTS

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Mar 25 09:04:48 WST 2003

> General process of elimination, eat your elephant one bit(e) at a time
> (pun intended).

Been there, done that, head nearly exploded with confusion, as per my
original msg and reply to James. It appears to have been some freaky
mod_php4 caching effect that persisted across restarting apache - so
long as apache-ssl wasn't also restarted. Apache-ssl doesn't even have
that vhost configured, and that file isn't anywhere in its DocumentRoot.

Anyway, its all sorted now - though I still wish I understood /why/
better than a (somewhat implausable?) guess.

Craig