[plug] SuSE Linux - iinet mirror

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Mar 26 11:04:42 WST 2003

> I would not rely on iiNet for mirrors. Their Debian mirror has been broken
> since before the new year and all efforts to have it corrected have fallen
> on deaf ears :(.

Their woody tree seems ok, but honestly how can you stuff up mirroring
something that changes maybe every 6 months at most.

> This is not limited to the Debian mirror, the whole ftp tree has serious
> problems.

Yeah. Moz was out of date for ages on iiNet's mirror, and they recently
did a "rm -rf openoffice/" to my annoyance. They take forever to update
for releases, too. I usually resort to mirror.aarnet.edu.au now, but
that's not on WAIX AFAIK - which sucks for me.

Craig