[plug] iinet dumping their ftp archive

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 17:42:08 WST 2003

> > Admittedly some of the archives are probably a dead loss - PLUGgers
> > have already noted some to be sadly out of date. Perhaps some smarts
> > on their proxy logs can work out what's worth mirroring better than
> > the previous cycle of manual request and manual mirroring.
>
> And unfortunately you'll probably find SuSE isn't one of them. :((

I've already asked for a proper mirror of SuSE's site, rather than the partial
"updates only" bit they mirror now. I wanted the big "supplementary" stuff -
Mozilla, KDE, GNOME, etc. I got the usual "no demand, unable to comply with
your request" email back. So even when they are asked they don't necessarily
bother.

--
"...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,