[plug] iinet dumping their ftp archive

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Mar 26 21:36:56 WST 2003

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 03:45 pm, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I mean, seriously - how much can it cost to maintain a mirror?

About $70 a month if it's a 2RU or smaller box.

I'm planning to drop a second server into ArachNet's racks soon. If I can
negotiate free after-hours traffic, I'll mirror anything you please on it,
but WAIX-only for leeching. (-:

One thing I will guarantee up front is that it carries Mandrake stuff
(including old distros, ISOs, updates and Cooker), Knoppix, GNUWin2 and other
things I use often. If there's some point in so doing (ie, if UWA aren't
already doing a better job), I'll add the Debian things as well. Another is
that you'll be able to get at it all through FTP, HTTP and rsync.

Cheers; Leon