[plug] Xandros

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Mar 26 21:38:20 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 21:02, Gavin Melhuish wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm just new to Perth and signed up on this list last night, so please
> excuse me if I am covering a topic that might have already been covered.
>
> I'm interested in Xandros and was wondering if anyone has tried it? If
> so, what are your experiences with it? Is it worth buying, and if so is
> there anyone in Perth who retails it?

Never tried is but apparently it is a Debian based distro that comes
with Crossover office.

You might of course just want install Debian for free and use OpenOffice
for free.

> And just as an aside from that, I am always looking for computer parts
> etc. Does Perth have computer markets or similar, or at least reasonably
> priced retailers with a fairly comprehensive range of parts that you can
> buy off the shelf?

Sure heaps. As well as netplus and MCG, PLE and Austin are usually
pretty cheap. Unfortunately no one seems to use Linux at Austin
(apparently they don't get very good refresh rates with their games)

Anyway its always good to check out their prices on their websites:

http://www.ple.com.au

http://www.austin.net.au

Also Nevada has some 2nd hand trading board on their site which is
usually alrite.

regards,

Chris Caston