[plug] iinet dumping their ftp archive

J Michael Gilks gilksjm at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 26 22:15:47 WST 2003

> Well, I guess they have to make the most of the limited resources
> available to them. It was never written anywhere when you signed up for
> iiNet "service" that they had to supply you local mirror sites.

Unfortunately, it was also never written that they would unilaterally remove
unlimited after hours traffic either.
Major reason for signing with iinet.
Now stuck with low bandwidth limits, when new distro's appear it seems low
anyway, blocked ports, non static IP and now a large cutback in the mirrors
available.
I hope this time at least they won't be telling me how much better my deal is
because they have cut it back so much.
Way past time for a change of ISP I think. Westnet are looking pretty good.
Must read up on hosting my own domain though.
So much to know, so little time to learn it in.
Speaking of hosting, has anyone used vserver to host multiple servers on one
machine and if so, are there any comments on usability and security.
Love
Mike.