[plug] vserver WAS: iinet dumping their ftp archive

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Wed Mar 26 22:27:20 WST 2003

> Way past time for a change of ISP I think. Westnet are looking pretty good.
> Must read up on hosting my own domain though.

IIRC my friend had to pay additional $27.50/yr for dns hosting with Westnet
(pretty standard price I think) them hosting dns has the added advantage of
reverse lookups working.  Then you just have to run your web/mail servers.

> So much to know, so little time to learn it in.
> Speaking of hosting, has anyone used vserver to host multiple servers on
> one machine and if so, are there any comments on usability and security.

I'm also interested in any comments about vserver.  I will be installing it
hopefully tomorrow (along with the rebuild of my home web and to be mail and
file server) so I'll let you know how it goes, but anyone elses comments
would be great