[plug] USB palm pilot

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun May 4 16:01:53 WST 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 15:34, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 03:21:02PM +0800, Mike Roberts wrote:
>
> | > So I assume I just change add that line in the .h file then recompile
> | > the module with gcc?
> |
> | Change the line, then re-run make clean, make dep, make modules_install
> | (assuming your compiling visor as a module).
>
> If you only only changed that one file you should be able to get away
> with just a "make modules" and then copy the new module over the top of
> the old in /lib/modules. Should be a heck of a lot quicker that way.

Thanks Cameron and Mike

Am I supposed to install the full kernel source or just the headers?

I could not find the source (in my apt cache) for 2.4.18-bf2.4 only
2.4.18

After installing to kernel headers and adding that line my visor.h is
now:

#undef  CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_VISOR
#define PALM_M130_ID 0x0050

When trying to run "make modules" or as "make clean"  ($) as Mike
suggested I just get:

 make: *** No rule to make target '$'. Stop

Where to from here?

thanks,

Chris