[plug] now autocad & wine

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Mon May 5 09:22:49 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 08:30, Brad Campbell wrote:
> Leon Brooks wrote:
> > On Sun, 4 May 2003 00:55, Chris Caston wrote:
> >
> >>On Sat, 2003-05-03 at 23:56, Leon Brooks wrote:
> >>

> > Good old AutoDesk, at it again, you'd never believe that AutoCAD started
> > life as a Unix program: AutoCAD 2000 (distinct from 2004) is known to
> > work under WINE.
> >

> As is AutoCAD 2002 and AutoCAD Lite 2002
>
> --
> Brad....

Autocad 2004 has recently been released.  I will soon be using it as we
have a maintenance agreement with autodesk for Land Desk Top which
incorporates autocad- the next version of which (LDT) is due out anytime
soon.  Unfortunately the goal posts for wine have just moved again...  I
have heard a whisper that at least some of the auotdesk engineers are
not unaware of wine- but that may be nothing more than speculation on
the part of the dealer who services our maintenance agreement. Time will
tell.

I have just downloaded qcad to try it out for some drawings of my own
but there is no way it will get anywhere near autocad for a long, long
time if at all.  The functionality of autocad is just soooooo deep.

Tim Bowden