[plug] Distro Wars was: Mandrake (ask Leon) was: kernel update was: USB palm pilot

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Mon May 5 11:55:01 WST 2003

> want, and it's really pretty. I only wish I knew how to stop the dratted
> thing turning off the monitor after however many minutes of inactivity -
> any ideas? Screensaver starts up and a while later the screen goes blank.

Actually, now that you mention it my left head does that too, but the right
doesnt (!). If you find the answer let me know ;)

> Having said that, I can see why people might use Debian - the apt-get type
> tools look really good. Pity the installation is so non-intuitive. I have

What does apt-get do that urpmi doesnt?

Last time I installed Debian (potato) it worked and all - I just realised I
was spending most of my time wrestling with the install rather than getting
useful work done.

I guess if youre more OS focused rather than apps focused then its a good
thing.