[plug] Linux & Hardware

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 6 15:27:48 WST 2003

> You mean the "Linux is obsolete" thread?

I mean the "monolithic kernels are obsolete" thread, which is probably what
you mean too. :o)

You can't really criticise the guy for being wrong, since it was just a debate
between 2 theorists trying to predict the future, but it did show Linus's
self belief, confidence and, ultimately, correctness, over a thoroughly
knowledgable bloke.

--
"...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,