[plug] re; untar to directory

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Tue May 6 21:00:44 WST 2003

Seems to be the only way to do it.  Iwas hoping I could deleted the leading directories.

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> billk at iinet.net.au 7:52:26 PM 6/05/2003 >>>
err, I usually just untar such things it in /tmp, check em for problems
then copy the files over ...

or maybe create a temporary symlink to fudge the path if lots of
subdirectories are involved.

BillK