[plug] TCP connections refused [rootkit]

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed May 7 09:38:50 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 08:28, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <1052124540.1595.127.camel at vaio>
> on Mon, May 05, 2003 at 04:49:00PM +0800, Ryan wrote:
> > From the looks of the proftpd homepage it is a
> > lost cause and they have stopped updating it?
>
> Huh? I have used proftpd for a number of years (some hosts with the
> latest versions and some with Linux debian-stable versions) and have no
> idea why you would say "they have stopped updating it" (either with
> regards to the software or their website).

My apologies, I've never been to the page before a few days ago.  When I
looked on Monday, the last activity on the site was from about July
2002. I went to the 'news' section and refreshed it a few times
wondering if I was reading correctly and the latest news was for
1.2.6rc1 - Released 02-July-2002.  Get my drift?

I just looked then (proftpd.linux.co.uk) and it is up-to-date as of
March 2003 and on version 1.2.8.  Either they just updated the page in
the last few days, or I got diverted to a _very_ out-of-date mirror,
because I know what I saw ... even if I am a raving delusional lunatic
:)

Ryan