[plug] [OT] Mainboard screw sleeves

Milan Pospisil Milan.Pospisil at swantafe.wa.edu.au
Thu May 8 10:38:01 WST 2003

Hi  Chris;
               I am making a few assumptions here as I have never seen a paricular MSI motherboard. I am guessing that MSI stand for
Micro Star International and that you are talking about a standard (when it comes to dimentions) ATX motherboard. If that is the case, than every second hand compurer shop should have a few of the metalic spacers you need on stock. I recon that one could ask any halfway decent computer retailer whether or not they sell these things; however,keep on your mind that these spacers might be of a different length and it is the length of the spacers which determines how well will your connectors(serial,parallel port etc.) fit into the cut out holes in the back of your computer case.
 Yes you are quire correct, motherboards do like to 'sit 'at the same electrical potential as the metalic casing of the power supply and the computer chassis. Deprive them of that and chances are that they start complaining in one form or another .

         Regards
                      Milan Pospisil