[plug] Casio CFX

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Fri May 9 20:36:36 WST 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 07:10:21PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> I tried FA122 with Wine once and it didn't work.  I assumed it was 'cos
> it was doing quirky stuff with the serial ports (like the TI, which
> doesn't speak RS232, but instead frobs some of the control lines in real
> time), but could have been because I didn't know how to set up Wine and
> serial ports properly.

Mmmm, not particularly. It raises a DTR line (which AFAICT can power
the magic cable), and the rest all speaks RS232. Nothing quirky. I
have a vague recollection of writing a decent program that would do
the same job, but I also have this vague recollection that I was
writing it under windows and never finished it. It could backup &
restore of all of memory, but not individual items.  Though if
anybody feels inclined to write a program for Linux, then I'm almost
certain that some reasonable specifications on the protocols are out
there. And we could ween more high-schoolers to the light side! :)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham
 bernard at blackham dot com dot au