[plug] Mouse problems: was Knoppix XF86 auto-detection

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri May 9 23:57:32 WST 2003

Actually this system failed during an apt-get dist-upgrade and I thought
I had fixed it but hadn't.

The mouse was working fine in KDE but I realised I was only using 2
something so I did an apt-get upgrade. After that the mouse stopped
working in KDE.It was still version 2.

I did apt-get dist-upgrade again and it upgraded everything including
KDE to version 3 but the mouse still wasn't working.

The file xf86config from knoppix just gave /dev/mouse which I don't seem
to have.

It's a serial mouse.

Any ideas or more info I should give?

regards,