[plug] Knoppix XF86 auto-detection

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sat May 10 00:36:12 WST 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 06:25, Garry wrote:

> The Knoppix CD has a list of all the custom packages used, so it should be do-able. It is, after all, a debian system.. Tried doing a knx-hdinstall ?

No not yet but I'd like to.

I think that Knoppix has a few to many packages for a basic workstation.

If there was a much more cut-down version of knoppix with just the basic
xf86, kde or gnome stuff it would be more useful.

I think also rolling your own knoppix CD's is good for creating SOE's
You can boot off the CD then install it to HD and it should work
regardless of the hardware. Something you can't really do with Windows
and ghost images.

regards

Chris Caston