[plug] Debian Wireless

Luke Brown luke at bur.st
Sat May 10 12:36:50 WST 2003

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone out there could offer some suggestions on a
problem im having.

Ive got a Netgear MA401 wireless card in my mac powerbook 3400 which
ive configured to route dsl traffic via another pcmcia network card and
its own onboard card.

Im now in the process of trying to configure the netgear card (which is
being picked up by cardctl just fine) as an interface. I followed a
howto on this which went through changing the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts
and wireless.opts files but it doesnt setup the interface when i
restart cardmgr or remove/add the card.

Ive configured the Xircom card to work using /etc/network/interfaces
can I just do the same with the netgear?

Any advice would be most appreciated, there isnt a lot of info on
setting up these cards around...

Cheers

Luke.