sharing e-mail addresses (was Re: [plug] Prevent downloads)

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Mon May 12 12:44:36 WST 2003

Hi Tim

Thanks for your question about e-mail sharing.  I just checked my D-Link
gateway's home page and cannot find a set-up menu for mail sharing, so I
think it must have been the Alloy gateways I have installed that offer that
feature.

How does it work?

I wrote a long and detailed explanation and then realised that it was flawed
with regard to "How does and outsider send an e-mail to an individual on the
LAN" ...  I mean, the Gateway can make up 50 internal mail addresses, but
the ISP is not going to recognise them.

I have written (e-mailed) Alloy and will pass on their reply when it
arrives.

Kind regards,  James Elliott