[plug] Modem setup

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Mon May 12 14:27:43 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 14:14, Elwyn Campbell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed RH 9 and am trying to get the modem to work with my
> ISP.
>
> The dialtone can be heard but the modem can't be heard actually
> dialling. I suspect the modem is listening for but not finding the
> dialtone. In my windows 2k boot, I select the option "ignore no
> dialtone" and force the dial, connecting with no problems. What is the
> setting to enable this under RH 9?

I don't know about RH 9 specifically, but in general, in /etc/chatscripts/  will be a file
for the dialup account you created, near the top will be something like:

ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' ABORT VOICE ABORT 'NO DIALTONE' ABORT 'NO DIAL TONE'
ABORT 'NO ANSWER' ABORT DELAYED

Take out the ABORT 'NO DIALTONE' and  ABORT 'NO DIAL TONE' bits

Ryan