[plug] Is this a spam attack?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue May 13 17:17:37 WST 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Luke Dudney wrote:

> They do appear spam related.
> You'll need to look further back into the logs to see where these
> messages are coming from - do greps for those queue ids:
>
> 5686D14AB8A
> C945814ABD9
> 5BBB314AC14
>
> etc
>
> Cheers
> Luke

A while ago, when I contacted the computer crimes part of the Singapore
police, about repeated attempts to breach our server for relaying, as
the originating addresses showed to be Singapore domains, the response
from them, was that the addresses were spoofed.

So, I believe that trying to trace the originating addresses for the
problem, would, I believe, likely be futile.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."