[plug] Kwinana Arts Centre

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed May 14 09:45:07 WST 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 08:03:40AM +0200, Garry wrote:
> For those interested, tonight is the first of the Linux nights at
> the Kwinana Arts Centre. It's no big deal, I'm just going to demo
> a few boxes to show how Linux can be useful on different levels of
> hardware.
>
> At this stage, we have 3 or 4 definite attendees, so it's not a
> huge deal. Hopefully interest will grow over the 4 week period of
> the Wed nights (6-8PM)...

Unfortunately, I have a meeting this evening in Vic. Park that I
*have* to attend.

I'll make every effort not to have a conflict forthe next KAC night.

> We have 3 machines lined up.
>
> 1. My home desktop. [Athlon 800, 80GB HDD, 390MB ram, Knoppix
>    4-5-2003 Hdinstall]
>
> 2. A loaner from Computer Angels. [P166, ~1.5GB HDD, ~32MB ram,
> CA's custom Debian]
>
> 3. An Arts Centre machine. [P166, 2.1GB HDD, 128MB ram, Mandrake
> 9.1/IceWM)
>
> If anyone has a machine they'd like to bring, that's cool, see you there.

I have my testing machine to bring along next week.
	Via C3 833 MHz Mini-ITX, 256MB RAM, 80GB, 7200rpm hard disk
	with DVD and WinFast TV/FM radio card. It's kitted out to
	become a (Personal Video Recorder) PVR but somewhat short on
	RAM for video editing.
	SuSE 8.2 is loaded the Gnome and KDE (as well as other
	window managers) installed. Plenty of room to install
	additional applications off the DVD,

How are you going for networking?