[plug] Probably somewhat significant...

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu May 15 10:57:37 WST 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 10:42:39AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_linux_customers.html

> The bastards are probably blowing hot air - "that looks /a bit/
> like something we have, THEY MUST'VE STOLEN IT!!" - but that
> doesn't change the real damage they're doing to people's
> confidence. Of course, they just shot their own business's head
> off, but after they're gone people will still be thinking "what
> if...".

The claims against IBM are, from what I've read, quite tenuous.
The case could be the last nail in the coffin for SCO. Their
"digital rights" haywagon is heading straight into a bushfire.

Maybe SCO have adopted the policy that "if you can't compete;
litigate".

> *sigh*.
>
> I can tell you from personal experience that SCO never could make a
> proper OS anyway. We run OpenServer 5.0.5 and it /sucks/.

Never did get the spelling right... It's OpenSewer.
Has been since it first appeared in the mid 1990's.