[plug] ADSL problems

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Thu May 15 14:19:24 WST 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:33:32PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> now if only mx1 and mx2.iinet.net.au (which we use as backup MXes)
> would support ETRN so I could force delivery after DSL outages....

I've found that (when ETRN doesn't work) just sending an email that goes
through the server can often trigger a retry, thereby flushing all the
spooled mail.  If you setup a basic script to manually send mail (RCPT
TO yourself, usually) that is directed at each backup, you should find
that queued mail will come flying through right away.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | For every complex problem, there is a
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | solution that is simple, neat, and