[plug] [link] Programming languages - and their faults

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu May 15 14:31:41 WST 2003

In message <1052910387.6284.22.camel at abbey>
on Wed, May 14, 2003 at 07:06:27PM +0800, Andrew Pamment wrote:
> i like c. i use c.

I don't like C because it deprives me of C++ :)

> and i dont think a programmers life should be easy. hell no. a
> programmers life should be very hard and complicated. it seperates the
> true programmers from the college graduates who want to make money.

I would have to agree with that, in the same way that I might let an
arbitrary family member help me with a fever or a blood nose -- that
should be the limit. Open heart surgery shouldn't come in a kit from
Kmart. (Maybe I shouldn't knock it until I've tried it...)