[plug] ADSL problems

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu May 15 22:54:13 WST 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003 19:44, Michael Collard wrote:
> ADSL is probably going to go through the same process that dialup did
> 10 years ago -- being unreliable, and unstable. I'm sure that Telstra
> will get their act together _one_ day :)

Not ADSL, just Telstra. I have one client with an Optus ADSL link in
which all hardware except the copper is done by Optus, and the link
itself has never ever gone down. The only time it breaks is when
someone futzes with cables/UPS/et-al and powers down the DSL modem.
Pity that they're so expensive and this level of service is basically
only available through Wellington Street so far.

Cheers; Leon