[plug] Newbie level help wanted with urpmi - Mandrake

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Fri May 16 11:52:21 WST 2003

Being an apt-getter myself it wasn't obvious to me either
go to this URL
http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/urpmiweb.php
It can't get much easier.

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 11:28, Richard Meyer wrote:

    Hi guys,

    Some of you may think this is laughably easy, but I cannot get urpmi on Mdk
    to work with non-local non-CD resources. Would anybody who has it working
    all spiffy, please explain to me (offlist is OK) how to set it up to do a
    general upgrade of all the packages on the machine from Mdk mirrors? Also I
    would be gratefull for the stanzas which you have in /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg.

    I spent a lot of time reading man pages and I'm better informed than when I
    started, just no wiser. I seem to have a blind spot here.

    Thanks
    RichardM

    BTW does anybody else think that urpmi sounds like the sort of noise a
    person makes after chug-a-lugging 5 pints of VB?

--
Scott Middleton
Linux Information Technology
scott at linuxit.com.au