[plug] Re: grep and regular expressions...

David Buddrige buddrige at wasp.net.au
Fri May 16 11:55:57 WST 2003

I have tried grep "\\\f$" mytextfile.txt (see attached file), and that
seemed to work ok both with the program, and also with the grep command
above.

I am thinking that maybe there are some hidden characters in there that I'm
not seeing...... goes away and tries grep "\\\f"....

Actually I've just worked it out; it's an ms-dos format text file, and hence
it's barfing over the line-feed (or carriage return - I can't remember which
it is that unix doesn't use)

thanks heaps all for assistance

David.