[plug] Network & Internet Config.

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Sat May 17 09:15:11 WST 2003

mark wrote:
> Hi all, I am trying to setup my adsl connection thru mandrake.
>
> In the control centre I am faced with a few boxes to set up as
> follows:
>
> Provider name (ex provider.net) I assume I put lineone.net here
> Provider dns 1 (optional) I assume I can leave this blank
> Provider dns 2 (optional) I assume I can leave this blank
> Choose Country Speaks for itself
> Account login I assume I enter nicholls.m at lineone.net here
> Account password I assume I enter my isp password here ********
>
> Where do I enter the number I dial up to.  Any help deeply
> appreciated.  Surely it is not this simple!
>
> Ta
>
> Mark

ADSL uses (from an end-users point of view) a direct connection, which
is why to nominated the line ADSL was going to be installed on. Not
being a Mandrake user, I'm unable to help with the control panel, but
going to a console and running adsl-setup isn't very hard at all.

Regards,

Craig Foster
fostware at iinet.net.au (with SMIME)