[plug] Network & Internet Config.

mark nicholls.m at lineone.net
Sun May 18 06:06:05 WST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Foster" <fostware at iinet.net.au>
To: <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 2:15 AM
Subject: RE: [plug] Network & Internet Config.

> mark wrote:
> > Hi all, I am trying to setup my adsl connection thru mandrake.
> >
> > In the control centre I am faced with a few boxes to set up as
> > follows:
> >
> > Provider name (ex provider.net) I assume I put lineone.net here
> > Provider dns 1 (optional) I assume I can leave this blank
> > Provider dns 2 (optional) I assume I can leave this blank
> > Choose Country Speaks for itself
> > Account login I assume I enter nicholls.m at lineone.net here
> > Account password I assume I enter my isp password here ********
> >
> > Where do I enter the number I dial up to.  Any help deeply
> > appreciated.  Surely it is not this simple!
> >
> > Ta
> >
> > Mark
>
> ADSL uses (from an end-users point of view) a direct connection, which
> is why to nominated the line ADSL was going to be installed on. Not
> being a Mandrake user, I'm unable to help with the control panel, but
> going to a console and running adsl-setup isn't very hard at all.
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig Foster
> fostware at iinet.net.au (with SMIME)

Im using a dreaded alcatel speedtouch 330 usb modem, I have tried for months now to get the horrible thing configured, have used SuSE, which is my preffered distro, now mandrake 9.1.  Am having to dual boot with windoze2000 to browse and email etc.  ramble, ramble.

Am seriously considering selling it and getting am external thing I can connect to a pci card!

Ta

Mark