[plug] repairs to /var/log/lastlog

Ambrose B Scafidi scafidi at iinet.net.au
Tue May 20 11:25:50 WST 2003

/var/log/lastlog has an internal structure to it. Every time a user is added
to the system there is a incremental increase in size of this file as a
datastructure representing the new user is tacked onto the end. How this one
got to 18meg is beyond me....

see http://danny.at.box.sk/articles/lastlog.txt

Ambrose.