[plug] Hiding the Filesystem from users

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue May 20 13:09:56 WST 2003

I'd like to set up a system with an easy to use filemanager, where the end
user can't see the root dir, but rather, gets a virtual root dir, containing
their own home dir, and some specific data dirs. ie; Make it as simple as
possible for them to drag & drop data files around, without worrying at all
about OS-related files, or other user's dir.

The system already has KDE3, so doing something with Konqueror would be
preferrable, altho I'd consider an alternate file manager if it was
flexible...

Any ideas?

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |