[plug] tar file limitation ?

Dirk dirk.modrow at aesltd.com.au
Wed May 21 11:58:18 WST 2003

Hello everyone, a newbee here...

Could anyone assist me do you know if tar has a file size limitation? I was
using tar command do gzip server directories over an nfs link to create an
automatic backup onto another hdd which I can then later at leisure transfer
to dat tape. The server being backed up is a redhat 7.2 and the nfs server
machine is running mandrake 9.1 I found that once the files hit 2.4gig they
all failed? any ideas ? will updating  the tar version fix it ?

Also while I am asking does anyone know were on the Mandrake Box is the
drkesync software ? apparently it can sync directories between servers...

Thanks
Dirk